Monday, 17 February 2014

Pizza, pasta and the best pesto ever...


It's been a strange and somewhat sombre few months for me lately, something I keep bleating on about, and one of the side effects of such a period of change and upheaval has been a noticeable loss of my joie-de-cuisine.

Being excited about new recipes and COOKING THEM used to come naturally to me, but lately all I want to do is eat doughnuts and mashed potatoes, and I find it hard to work up the enthusiasm to try out new recipes. I've also been struggling to eat more sensibly, and while not setting myself outrageous weight loss goals, treating my body more nicely with fresh, healthy, homemade food. I haven't always succeeded! This explains the sparsity of posts in recent times, and I'm sure that eventually, when my world becomes a little brighter in general, I'll be skipping on home every night with a new dinner idea, like I used to.

IN THE MEANTIME, I HAVE DISCOVERED THE BEST PESTO ON EARTH. Ok, never mind 'the best vegan pesto', this stuff is just amazing, and doesn't even have proper nuts in. It's made with sunflower seeds and pine nuts, and it's absolutely tremendous.....


First up I smothered it over some gnocchi (one of my favourite things in the world - god bless those little squishy potato dumplings of delight) and served it up with roasted cherry tomatoes and some mozzarella style cheezly....


And last night, two of my lovely friends came over for a horror/pizza/wine evening  and I merrily dolloped it over the top of some no-moo melty.....



I found this little jar of joy in Asda's 'Free From' section. I'll be heading over there to buy EVERY JAR pretty soon, since this has just overtaken avocado pesto as my new favourite <3

1 comment:

  1. I love a good pesto! I hope you get your cooking flair back soon but (as I'm sure you know!) there's nothing wrong with doughnuts and mashed potatoes to help power you through the tough times.

    ReplyDelete